Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prince Dorm

So I'm pretty happy with my new location - Prince dorm. Yeah, 'prince' as in son-of-a-king, as Fiona put it. It's a very majestic name for slap of concrete. Anyways, it's about a block away from National Taiwan University, about a fifteen minute walk from ICLP (where I'll be taking my classes), and about two minutes from a bike path along the river. I went for a run there this morning and, as much as I loved Yilan's path, this is even cooler.


 I also went to the roof of the dorm and there are some pretty nice views. The tallest building slightly faded in the background is Taipei 101. So, yeah, pretty nice. That is, it was until I found myself locked on the roof. Oops. Thankfully, with a little help from my friends, I managed to get the phone number for the front desk and someone was able to come up and free me. After about an hour. Thankfully I did not have to try yelling down at bystanders. Being fourteen floors up that might have been difficult. Oh, and embarrassing. Also, a great way to make a first impression for my future dorm-mates.


Obligatory dorm room photos:



And, of course, I can't forget the water park across the street.
Because, seriously, what is cooler than that?!
Never mind that it looks to be built for children...



1 comment: